Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy Nigerian Independence Day Made Sad

This morning, I woke up from a great deep sleep and realized that it is Nigerian Independence Day. A smile drew itself across my face. Plans for the outfit I am going to wear for the Nigerian Independence party tonight started to materialize. Then I check the news and I find out some party poopers attempted to rain on my parade.

A militant group, Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (Mend), has been upset with the conditions of Nigeria. This oil-rich country has the third largest economy in Africa, but yet poverty is suffered by the majority of it's people. I do understand their frustration (I have been irritated by this for a while, too), but this holiday is one for every Nigerian to be proud of. Mend, why don't you become a political party instead and try to make a difference through the government instead of killing fellow Nigerians? Thanks for raining on my parade (and everyone else's). Check out the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment