Thursday, April 7, 2011

Trash to Food?

People who know me know very well that I would never, EVER, mix trash with food that I plan to consume. It just won't happen. Or maybe one day it will.

In Kibera, Africa's largest slum, located outside of Nairobi, trash is everywhere. Literally. And the local government does not manage the waste in the this slum. But, a novel idea helps keep the average Kibera resident fed and the neighborhood cleaner. Take a look at this video from CNN International.


I kinda of have a green spot in my heart, and this is definitely an efficient way to reduce trash and keep people fed at an affordable rate. I am still not too sure what the risks would be in the air, but I am sure that is something we'll find out rather soon. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment