Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Nigeria Teams Up With China to LIFT OFF

China has been pretty involved in re-development and development projects in Africa for a while now, and on a very large scale. Yesterday, Spaceflight Now reported that Nigeria and China joined on another venture - space. No, as far as I know, no Nigerians will be floating thousands of miles above our atmosphere, but Nigeria definitely will be marking itself as Africa's leader in satellite communications and definitely pave the way for China to become the global leader in the space industry.

Reading this, I couldn't help but to reminisce my younger days as a coordinator for a traveling Vacation Bible School team.



The theme for this was hot air balloons, not spacecrafts, but for some reason, this song is going through my head (probably because it is forever ingrained and I still think of a rocket ship when I hear "lift off").

No comments:

Post a Comment