Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Israeli-Palestinian Peace Talks - Round Two

You're probably wondering why I have a Middle Eastern issue being discussed on my blog. I have TWO reasons.

First, these talks are taking place in Egypt (an African nation), so by default, it fits into the theme of the blog.

Secondly, this issue does affect many Africans and its diaspora along with many other groups throughout the planet. I personally believe (along with many others) that this extremely long dispute is more religious than anything else, and there are many Muslims and Jews that live throughout the African continent, some peacefully, some not-so-much.

My hopes are that these talks not only have a peaceful and lasting resolution, but also marks as a starting point for cultural relativity between Jews and Muslims in a general sense. Read the story to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment