Tuesday, August 30, 2011

World's Most Power Black Women (STUNNED Who Made The List)

Today I checked out Forbes' list of the world's most power black women. I was not surprised to see that Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey or Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Nigeria's Finance Minister made the list. I was shocked, in fact floored, that recently announced pregnant Beyonce Knowles was on the list. Even more shocking (even though I am unsure that this list is a ranking), Beyonce was listed second to Mrs. Obama.

This is the first time I have disagreed with Forbes on a listing. Beyonce does not control a media empire. She does not do anything that could change the lives of millions. Her clothing line is like Juicy Couture, high quality and low taste, so she's not influential in the fashion world. Maybe she's influential in the music world, but that is where it ends. I am highly disappointed that in a league of black women who seriously make a difference in people's lives, an entertainer, with a small philanthropic resume, is included. Maybe when shaking that ass becomes paramount in feeding the hungry in the Horn of Africa and other parts of the world, then maybe would I agree with this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment